CHANGES IN POST-STUDY WORK VISA RIGHTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
There has been a lot of buzz among about the changes in the post study work visa rights pertaining to international students in New Zealand.
All post study work visa changes will come to effect from 26th November 2018.
New Zealand government has made no changes to the eligibility criteria of the post study work visa for international students. An international student is qualified if they have completed the following-
- A Level 7 qualification on New Zealand Qualification Framework that has lasted for at least 30 weeks in New Zealand
- A Level 4-6 qualification on New Zealand Qualification Framework that has lasted for at least 60 weeks in New Zealand
- Two Level 4-6 qualifications on New Zealand Qualification Framework that has lasted for at least 30 weeks each in New Zealand (totaling up to at least 60 weeks. Here, the second qualification has to be of a higher level than first)
- Post study work visas are now available with ‘open’ working conditions
- Visas will no longer be linked to employers. All visas that function under employer assistance will cease to exist.
- Meaning that the students do not need a job offer anymore to get a post-study work visa
- For existing employer-assisted visa, the visa will be granted according to the time left on the student’s visa
- The duration would also depend of various factors like the level of qualification gained and the place of completion of qualification
Eligibility table according to qualification
To know more about the changes in the post study work visa for international students in New Zealand, you can either visit www.immigration.govt.nz or give us a call at +91 8602 389 111
If you want to know more about your chances to study in New Zealand and other studying abroad options, contact us on +91 8602 389 111. You can visit our office to know the courses that will fit your plans of Studying Abroad. You can also visit us on www.VDIEC.com for more details on free career counseling and Overseas Education.