Choosing where to study is a difficult decision. One not only thinks about their life as a student, but also as a member of the country for the time that they are residing there for their education. There are various factors that make a country worth living, such as safety, the quality of education, the economical growth, the standard of living etc.
New Zealand happens to be one country that is rich in all aspects. These following reasons are why studying in New Zealand will be one of the most amazing experiences and how it will be beneficial to you:
- The People – The people of New Zealand, more popularly known as the Kiwis are the most welcoming people that you will ever meet. They are not only fun loving, but also love meeting new people because they themselves love to travel. The culture of the country is easy going and students who come to this place for the first time feel right at home. Since the country is so rich in culture and is widely diversified, they are more open to new people. Also the ‘Code of Practice for Pastoral Care’ ensures the safety and well being of international students.
- The Education System – The top most reason for any student to opt for a country for their studies is the quality of education provided there and the credibility of the degrees. The education system in New Zealand is not only top notch, but the tuition fee is also quite low compared to other countries. The education is British based and it costs way less than that. The degrees are recognized worldwide as being practical and up-to-date. They take their education system so seriously that they check each and every course program and certificate for quality so that they can be recognized worldwide as high quality education. Since they have a lot of experience with international students, the support system for them is one of the best in the world, which helps international students in being successful in their goals.
- Work Opportunities – International students have various working opportunities while they are studying in New Zealand. On student visa, students whose study programme is for at least two years are allowed to work part time for up to 20 hours per week and during semester vacations, they can work full time. Moreover, if their programme includes a particular number of hours of work experience, they can be allowed to work for more than 20 hours per week. Plus, students of masters by research or doctoral degree can work full time while studying in New Zealand.
- Working after studies – If one plans to gain some work experience after they complete their education, they may be allowed to do so provided they get the right work visa and if they gain experience in work related to their studies. Depending on what study subject is, they can be allowed to work for up to four years after they complete their studies and possibly gain residence.
- Safety – New Zealand is the 4th most peaceful country of the world. The crime rate is way lower than other countries so students can completely focus on their studies and enjoy their life there as a student.
- Stability – The economy of New Zealand is one the most stable economies of the world. Since the government is more stable and less argumentative, the idea of immigration is not opposed. The cost of living is low compared to other major countries of the world and they encourage people from all cultures.
- Weather – The weather of New Zealand is very mild with the winter temperature revolving around 10 degrees and being a little wet while the summers are a blissful 25 degrees and the climate is warm and dry. One can also see snow at high altitudes. As the country is located in the southern hemisphere, summer is expected to last from December to February and winter from June to August.
- Free time – The study-work-personal life balance in New Zealand is unlike what will be found in any other country. The country is home to world’s most beautiful scenic spots. One can easily take a short break or a mini vacation and rejuvenate themselves with the various options for relaxing and distressing. Apart from this, the country is very eventful has its cities are vibrant and lively with lots of nightclubs, restaurants and shops.
Living in New Zealand, even for a short period of time, is an amazing experience because the country and its people are open to foreign visitors and their diversified cultures. It supports growth and doesn’t compromise in the quality of education and other services alike. The decision of studying in New Zealand may be one of the best decisions ever taken.